The winner of our Superbowl Recipe Contest and proud new owner of the Bento Box Lunch Box is…
For her awesome
Crispy Fried Wonton Pizza Bites (serves 8 )
These wonton pizza bites taste fried, but are actually baked, which keeps the kitchen smelling good, and makes life much easier if you’re feeding a crowd. They can be made a day or two in advance and heated up on Game Night.
30 wonton wrappers (I’m guesstimating 3 or 4 per person)
2 large balls of mozzarella cheese
8 – 10 tbsp marinara sauce (shop bought is fine)
30 small slices of salami
* Pre heat the oven to 400
* Spoon a blob of marinara sauce into the center of the wonton.
* Top with a cube of cheese and a slice of salami
*Crack the egg, and give it a quick whisk.
* Use a pastry brush (or your fingers) to dab a layer of egg around the edges of the wonton wrapper, then fold over into a triangle (try to seal out air pockets)
* Repeat for the rest of the wontons
* Brush both sides of each wonton with vegetable oil and place on a baking tray
*Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes until the parcels are golden and crispy – keep an eye on them
* Season with salt and pepper then serve
They can be made in advance and warmed through in a low oven to re-heat, or forzen, then baked from frozen (15 – 17 mins)
She also has other great variations on this….
Switch out the salami for pineapple chunks and sliced ham
Or mushrooms and a drop of truffle oil
Or chopped black olives
Switch out the mozzarella for goat cheese
Replace the tomato sauce with pesto and add chopped cherry tomatoes and mozzarella
Or pine nuts, goat cheese and black olives
Great recipe Kate! Thanks for entering everyone.
Come back for a new Contest starting Monday!