Just a few suggestions for this crazy time of year. It can be super overwhelming. Send us your suggestions. We’d love to hear what you do to keep sane over the holidays.
First off you’ll want to prepare for your holiday party. Good tips to keep things running smoothly are to get as much ready as you can before the big day. Nobody wants to be slaving away in the kitchen while everyone else is having fun gathering round the tree…
Here’s a few tips for the days leading up to the holidays…
1) Plan your menu at least a week in advance so you can make your grocery list and check it twice.
2) Who wants to hit the store this busy time of year? Send the hubs and the kids to the market to gather your supplies – be sure to include a very very detailed list….If I don’t mine comes home with everything under the sun.
3) Try some dishes that you can assemble in advance then toss in the oven just before dinner.
4) Set the table and the bar the night before, just one more thing off your list.
Handy ideas to have up your sleeves when the guests arrive to keep everything running smoothly…
1) How about an ice breaking game to get everyone in the holiday spirit. Sometimes when young cousins, or even grown adults don’t see each other a lot it can be a bit overwhelming come party time.
2) Have some crafts and coloring on hand to keep the kids entertained while you’re getting dinner ready and the adults are enjoying cocktails
3) Have plenty of kid friendly appetizers on hand, pigs in a blanket, cheese and crackers, fruit and crudite with dip.
4) Finally for a holiday party I always have a few extra gifts on hand…candles, trains, toy cars, a doll, picture frames, so nobody gets overlooked.