Ladies and gentlemen…
We have a winner.
Well two winners.
Drum roll please…
The first winner in our Disney Princess contest
And winner of the Cinderella Princess Doll is…
Joana Cooperman for her inspired Princess French Toast!
Check this out!
Cinderella’s Crème de Carriage Brulee French Toast
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons corn syrup
• Cinderella waffles (we have a Cinderella in her carriage waffle maker – we just use Bisquick to make it) I also like to use Challah
• 5 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. Remove crusts from bread, and arrange in the baking dish in a single layer. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, orange brandy, and salt. Pour over the bread. Cover, and chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature.
4. Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned.
That’ll fetch many a Prince!
And the winner of the beautiful Baby Ariel doll is….
F. Ehsaan for Smoked Red Velvet Fish Cakes
350 grams finely chopped skinless red snapper
4 tablespoons thai red curry paste
1 tin cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon garlic paste
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 cup chopped cottage cheese
A pinch of cinammon powder
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons onion paste
4 -5 tablespoons plain flour
1 whole egg
Grill the tomatoes on a grill pan until grill marks are formed.
In a food processor,grind half of the tomatoes & fish.
Mince,2 tablespoons thai red curry paste,1 teaspoon garlic paste,egg,cottage cheese,plain flour and lemon zest and refrigerate until required.
Shape the mixture into ovals using 50g of mixture for each cake.
Melt butter in a wok.
Add remaining tomatoes,onion paste ,cinammon powder and remaining thai red curry paste.
Cook on low flame until the gravy thickens.
Now add fish cakes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame until it is fully cooked. You can even coat the prepared fish cakes in plain flour and shallow fry before adding them into the gravy.
Serve with boiled pasta or rice.
Congratulations! Stay tuned on Monday when Rapunzel from Tangled lets down her hair! You won’t want to miss it.